That did it, I took it as a sign hence my 4am wake up. I took a home pregnancy test and waited about a minute before I looked... there was one line (not pregnant). So I sat the test down and prayed. I thanked God for giving me a week of happy anticipation and resolved to the belief that it would happen in His time. As I bent down to discard the test I did a double take - TWO LINES! It was faint but it was there. I couldn't believe it so I quickly read the directions to learn what a faint line meant. Apparently it meant positive - but those that know me well know that that was not nearly good enough.
So I rushed to get ready for work and headed out. A few blocks away I waited at a stop light and used the opportunity to rummage through my purse to find my medical card to make an appointment to verify. As I looked up, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the cars beside me zooming by. I thought, "Oh crap I'm holding up traffic". So I hit the gas and proceeded to run into the car in front of me. Yes friends the cars beside me were in the turning lane.
I was mortified. Everything and everyone was fine but still, I was so mad at myself. Anyhoo, once at work I got the doctor on the phone and had an appointment set for 11am. Waiting for the lab work was so hard and every time that door opened I jumped a mile. Finally, my name was called. They took my weight, my pulse, my temperature, my blood pressure all the while revealing nothing. Then they took me into a little room and it was official. I was 4weeks and 6 days with a tentative due date of April 24th and appointment for four weeks later (Sept. 10th).
After leaving the Dr.'s office I scrambled to get everything ready to tell Jerome. I went to a couple of libraries to load up on pregnancy books and rummaged through my old stuffed animals to create a fun and memorable way to tell the Daddy. Here is the result:
Well, this and a very happy daddy-to-be.


No comments:
Post a Comment